The 2016-2018 biennial budget allocated funds for a fresh round of official statewide population projections to be developed by the Demographics Research Group at the UVA Weldon Cooper Center.
Projections Data and Methodology
- Total Population: |
- Age and Sex
- Race and Ethnicity
- Total Population for Large Towns
- Interactive Map
- 1 in 5 Virginians will be over 65 years by 2030 | web series
- Virginia is projected to be the 10th largest state by 2040 | web series
- How accurate are population projections? | web series
- Virginia Population Projections | press release
- Understanding Population Projections
- State-Wide Projections vs. Local Scenario Projections
- Review Process for the Virginia Population Projections
- Data User Feedback
Shonel Sen: email or call 434.982.5861 with questions or comments regarding Virginia population projections.