The School-Age Population Estimates are required by the Code of Virginia to distribute sales and use tax among the school divisions of Virginia. These data, produced annually by the Demographics Research Group, estimate the 5-19-year-old population of each school division and town in Virginia. Each year, 1.125% of the state sales and use taxes is distributed to Virginia’s 135 school divisions. Go here for school enrollment projections.
Data and Methodologies
- Data Table | July 1, 2017 estimates for school divisions (includes 2016 estimates in a separate tab)
These estimates are provisional until September 30th when they become final.
- Methodology for School Divisions (PDF)
- Data Table | July 1, 2017 estimates for incorporated towns (includes 2016 estimates in a separate tab)
Estimates are provisional until September 30th when they become final.
- Methodology for Towns (PDF)
Review and Inquiry Period
- Read the latest protocols for the review and inquiry process.
Hamilton Lombard: firstname.lastname@example.org | 434.982.5698 for questions or comments.