Visualizing Virginia is a collection of public-use tools for understanding and exploring demographic dynamics across the Commonwealth of Virginia, using the most recently available data. The collection of seven visualizations depicts Virginia’s population size, growth, and age, as well as education, income, poverty, and employment.
- Virginia Population Estimates
View population estimates for all Virginia counties & cities
- Virginia Population Projections
View population projections for all Virginia counties and cities
- U.S. Population Projections
View total population projections for 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 2010 Racial Dot Map
One dot per person for the Entire United States
Visualizing trends in our cities
- Visualizing commuter flows in the Charlottesville area
This commuting visualization shows where workers are coming from and what the flow exchanges in the area look like.
- The changing shape of American cities
View graphs of 66 American Cities that demonstrate demographic changes that have taken place in U.S. metropolitan areas since 1990
- One dot, one person: population density maps for Virginia cities
View racial dot maps for several Virginia localities