The 2016-2018 biennial budget allocated funds for a fresh round of official statewide population projections to be developed by the Demographics Research Group at the UVA Weldon Cooper Center.
Total Projections by Locality
- Cooper Center demographers are currently working on developing detailed projections by age, gender, race, and ethnicity, which will be available by June 30, 2017.
- Understanding Population Projections
- State-Wide Projections vs. Local Scenario Projections
- Questions and Answers about the Virginia Population Projections
- Review Process for the Virginia Population Projections
Qian Cai, Director of Demographics Research Group: email or call 434.982.5581 with questions or comments regarding Virginia population projections.